Skyle for iPad
This product increases visually impaired people’s independence
Skyle enables you to control appliances in your home or school, whether it be infra-red (IR) such as TVs and music systems or mains controlled lamps, fans, kitchen appliances or door and window openers.
Offering an excellent solution for people with conditions such as cerebral palsy, ALS, Rett syndrome or spinal cord injury.
Skyle is the most flexible device for people with complex access and communication needs. Providing independent access to the powerful iPad Pro 12.9” through eye control, touch and switch or pointer device access, and the opportunity to communicate using:
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Apps such as Proloquo2Go, GoTalk NOW, TouchChat, Compass Connect & Predictable.
- Environmental Control via Environ.
- Email with Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, Mail by Apple.
- Social Media through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Messaging with WhatsApp, Messenger, Slack, Teams.
- Video Call using FaceTime, Skype.
- And so much more...
Skyle a world first, eye tracker for iPad Pro! Skyle a world first, eye tracker for iPad Pro allowing you to control the iPad completely with your eyes.
Making it the perfect solution for independent access and augmentative & alternative communication (AAC)
Skyle a world first, eye tracker for iPad Pro!
Designed for All
Skyle has been specifically created to utilize the power of the iPad Pro, turning it into an AAC device that can be controlled completely with your eyes.
Simply insert the iPad Pro into the protective case and plug in the eye tracker, download the Skyle App and you're ready to realise the full potential of the iPad Pro with eye-controlled access, communication and environmental control.
Powered directly from the iPad Pro, the Skyle eye tracker requires no additional power supply or battery and is ready for immediate use. You can even charge the iPad Pro at the same time.
Perfect for AAC
- Access the iPad Pro with eye gaze, switch access, touch or pointer devices.
- Download millions of iOS Applications from the App Store.
- 12.9” anti-reflective coating with LED-backlit multi-touch display.
- The full power of iPad Pro’s coprocessor for fast communication.
- High quality four speaker audio.
- Protective case with built-in mounting inserts in VESA configuration for easy mounting and positioning.
- Lightweight and mobile.
Position yourself according to the video positioning guide within the Skyle App; so that the tracker can easily detect your eyes and you’re comfortable and relaxed. You may need a flexible or portable mounting system to position the screen at the right angle and height.
When in a good position, choose from 5 or 9 calibration points to look at on screen. The more points you look at, the more calibration data Skyle has, resulting in more accurate eye tracking. Indicators will display on completion to show calibration quality.
The Skyle App includes tutorials, useful advice and training to ensure you're empowered and make the best of Skyle for iPad Pro.
- For iPad Pro 12.9” (3rd generation), iPadOS ≥13.2.
- Utilizing iPadOS Assistive Touch Accessibility features including Dwell Control.
- Full eye control access to any Apple iOS App.
- A switch can be plugged directly into the eye tracker providing quick access and input with configurable gestures and actions via the Skyle App.
With a built-in port for a switch, you can use a switch in combination with the Skyle eye tracker to interact and gesture on the iPad Pro. Switch interaction includes:
- Double Press
- Press and Hold
These interactions can be configured via the free Skyle App to perform the following gestures on your iPad Pro:
- Show AssistiveTouch Menu
- Start Calibration
Simply download an environmental control App like EnvirON, and you can build a graphical display with up to 24 buttons using a gallery of commonly used images or photographs using the iPad Pro camera.
1. Skyle eye tracker.
2. Skyle App for calibration, positioning, switch gesture and tutorials.
3. A protective case that can be easily mounted to wheelchairs or stands using popular mounting systems such as REHAdapt and Daessy.
Please note: iPad Pro 12.9" and table mount system displayed are not included. Skyle is compatible with iPad Pro 12.9” (3rd generation).
To learn more or to visit the Provider, Click Here
How To Use
Here are the instructions on how to set up Skyle for iPad:
- Download the Skyle app from the App Store.
- Open the Skyle app and create an account.
- Pair the Skyle device with your iPad.
- Calibrate the Skyle device.
- Start using Skyle.
To download the Skyle app, open the App Store and search for "Skyle." Tap on the "Get" button to download the app.
To create an account, open the Skyle app and tap on the "Create Account" button. Enter your email address and password and tap on the "Create Account" button.
To pair the Skyle device with your iPad, open the Skyle app and tap on the "Pair Device" button. Follow the instructions on the screen to pair the Skyle device with your iPad.
To calibrate the Skyle device, open the Skyle app and tap on the "Calibrate" button. Follow the instructions on the screen to calibrate the Skyle device.
To start using Skyle, open the app and select the activity you want to do. You can use Skyle to type, write, spell, access information, and control your environment.
Make sure your iPad is up to date.